Sunday, April 18, 2010

The end

This is our final post of the blog. This is the end and the final product of the whole blog. Between these few weeks I have created not only a product but also a knowledge of a world that I had little knowledge of. I started out by wanting to make two summer dress by my own hand and I did but this has also help me to appreciate what I make. As I finished this last dress this weekend I had to make of point of showing everyone my final product and telling everyone. I have this new sense of pride in myself with myself. I feel a connection with my work and I like the feeling knowing that I made these two dress that I can use. I made them from fabric that i choose. Then week by week I began to construct what now are two dress. With these different dresses I used a pattern for the first one. This process was very fast and annoying. I only say annoying because I had to follow steps and had to read for each step. It lacked my inspiration and did not have me in it. The second dress the pattern was created by me. I had to research the proper way of measuring a person and completing a pattern piece. As soon as I created the the pattern piece the process of construction went by very fast. With the help of technology I was able to produce a dress more efficiently. Although I had help with the making the dress it still allows me to enjoy what I made and I still have this sense of pride.

3 comments:

  1. (It would not let me upload photos at this time please come back tomorrow to see the photos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how I felt with my blanket, knowing what you made is exactly what you wanted. You pick on the fabric and the pattern and go to work, its not searching in stores for hours looking for the perfect product. Cant wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both you and Cassie. It's nice to learn something new, but really great to have a sense of pride in something you created. Congratulations on finishing both dresses.

    ReplyDelete