Sunday, March 7, 2010

Finishing and Fitting Shell

So this week I took the process a little easy. I first went to Hobby Lobby to get the finishing for the dresses. I have three differnt kinds of fabric on white, one white and blue, and some red fabric. So I first found the most important finishing I need which was the zipper. I decided on a 7 in zipper I figure that would be enough space to get in and out of the dress. I purchased two white zippers and one red zipper. Then I decided to get a light blue ribbon to tie a bow around the waist of the plain white dress to add a little color.
I had some white and red plaid fabric that I created a fitting shell of a skirt to make sure the that the base would fit correctly. The fitting shell took about an hour to cut and to do a basic stitch and the was right on. The next step to my process is making the bottom and top of the dress and them putting them together. I am saving the pre-made pattern for another week I decided to work on one dress at a time so I do not get confused about the sewing process. I will be adding pictures of the process next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment