Sunday, March 7, 2010

Draft Time

For the past two weeks I have been getting the patterns ready. For the homemade pattern I had to search on the internet how to create the pattern. Then I start to take measurements. In the process I take two sets of measurements; one for the lower have of my body and the other for the upper half of my body. This process was a little difficult. I had to ask my roommate to help measure and make sure the measurintape was correct and straight. With in the drections it states that if one measurement is of it can affect the dress. This process was also rather time comsuming. First I had to find the right pattern and then I had to take down the measurments. Some of the measurments that I took were: Waist, bust, High waist, low waist, shoulder, and so on. After that I decided to start the pre-made pattern dress. This process went a lot faster. All I had to do was pick which type of dress I wanted to make and cut out the peices. After I cut them out I placed them on the fabric. I have not cut the fabric yet because I want to make sure I get the correct seem allowances. If I cut to thin or to much I will either have samller or bigger dress. Both processes will produce a sundress but yet one is faster. Is that better? The truth is I do not know yet. If we are talking about time and effort I would yes the faster the process the sooner I have a dress. Then I have to think that the dress might look like every othere dress I have tried on. It just might look not so great, because with a pattern it is set to generic sizes. Like ready made it is appealing to many people. With the homemade pattern the dress with fit my body the best, because it is my measurements that are creating the pattern. It just might look better because it is my shape. Only time will tell.......

No comments:

Post a Comment